Celebrate we will...because life is short but sweet for certain...were climbing two by two...to be sure these days continue - Dave Matthews Band
Friday, October 03, 2008
Outside and Inside
We have the deck completed, but it still needs to be stained. We were told to wait 6 months until the wood "dries" out completely. It looks pretty good. The hot tub should arrive in about a month. Cody and I are sooooooo excited. We are both "bath people" but our bathroom only has a shower, and Sam's tub is, well, Sam's tub. He's one. He isn't potty trained. 'Nough said. It is going to be great for Cody's back and great for my nerves. I can't wait. Party at the Fielden's, come on over!
With the yard all completed, it will finally be my turn to move onto the inside of the house. We are having all the practical stuff done first, this 82 year old house needs some window help. I think we are going to replace a few, and have storm windows made for the others. The house is an old arts & crafts style, the windows are big and plentiful, 24 in all. We also desperately need to get on the insulation for the attic and basement. The old girl is just freezing in the winter months.
Oh! I threw in these pictures of Sam's new trick. He can now open the "child locked" pantry and climb to the second shelf. As he scales the shelves, he looks back at me and smiles with a pleading for "cookieeeee, paweeezeee!". Being that I am a big believer in the old A-B-C (antecedent, behavior, consequence), I just watched.
This is what happened. I know, terrible mother, aren't I? But, he hasn't climbed the shelves since. And, he didn't even shed a tear.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is so wrong and so funny! I would do the same thing
Post a Comment