Thursday, March 06, 2008

Karen's Baby Shower

Holly and I drove up with all our little guys on Thursday to throw Karen her last shower before lil' Hauck shows up. The drive up was pretty good, Sam was the crankiest and that was only for about an hour before dinner. I can't say I blame him he was starving and he needed a new diaper. Holly, Mom and I showered Karen this past Saturday at my Aunt Pat's house. It was a big success, most of our family in the area was able to make it. I think Karen and Damien are almost ready for baby, well as ready as anyone can be. The party game was a word find, I am not much for shower games...guessing the food in the dirty diaper is just gross and seeing who can chug a baby bottle reminds me of spring break in college...don't ask, it is a humiliating story. Tristan's girlfriend and a cousin of mine won the prize of $5 gift cards to Barnes and Nobles since the theme of the shower was storybooks.
This was most of the little cousins in attendance, we missed a few more who left before we could coordinate the picture.
Pop-pop took charge of Sam. He was a very good boy and man does he love his Pop-pop. Everytime he walked in the room, Sam would cry to be picked up and sung too. The trip back was very long, it took us almost 10 hours! We had to stop a lot, and the I missed my turnoff near Roanoke. The lil' guys weren't quite as patient on the way back. Dennis was as good as gold and is now almost completely potty trained. I think if Sam and Joe did the best they could given the long drive.

No comments: