All kidding aside, look at this little cutie. Resting happily on Daddy's knee, he stayed there for about a half an hour cuddling his dino and sucking his paci! He is so alert for an infant his age, most of my friends who have similar aged babes can't keep them awake, not our Sammy he doesn't want to miss a beat. I am currently working on getting him to nap on a schedule, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. He isn't much of a napper, but we are working on it. On the up side, he is pretty good at night. Most of the time he sleeps from 10-4 ish... so we'll see if that lasts.
We are nearly at 8 pounds of solid Sammyness, I can't wait until he is caught up so that pediatrician can back off the supplementing issue. I had a friend tell me that the formula companies are like the mob to the pediatricians, they have to push the stuff or someones going to lose there knee caps and sleep with the fishes or something to that effect. Anyway, he is eating great, about 9 times a day. So what more could they want?
This past week, we went down to Charlotte for Holly's shower. They held it in the park, it was really hot. Holly got a few nice new things for the new baby, and some necessities like diaper, bottles and other stuff. I got her a few things for herself, like comfy sweats and nursing tank tops. I live in mine, so I knew she like them too. She is an avid nursing mother too.
Labor day is approaching, and we haven't got any major plans. Most of our HP friends are heading out of town, to the beach or mountains...
Cody is going to finish up the patio project this weekend I think, so soon we can post pictures of all his hard work. I can't believe it took him all summer to get it done, poor guy, he was really busting his tail out there in this heat. I think I may need to burn his work T-shirts. wink**wink**
2 comments:
not that I'm comparing babies, but Jake didn't tolerate tummy time until about 3 months, and he certainly didn't do any of that head stuff you mentioned. I had a sack of refried beans for about 11 or 12 weeks. Now he is a maniac. Go figure.
Heather, your legs look really hairy in that picture! Just kidding :) We would take your heat in a New York minute- there has been no summer this year in Ireland.
Post a Comment