Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Updates!

I haven't posted in quite some time, sorry, I was busy healing from my jump out of a moving car stunt. To make a long story short, I thought I ran over our precious Tilly-cat. I slammed on the brakes, opened the door, did not put the car in park, and fell out. I was then smacked by the car door and dragged a few feet. Good news, I can run really, really fast when I want too. Yes, I caught the car as it rolled backwards into the street, jumped in and saved the day. I also apparently have bat hearing, for it wasn't Tillie-cat I ran over, but a mouse. Bad news, a scraped the skin off my thigh, it is now healing. The doctor put me on oral anti-biotics, as well as a special bandage to help it heal properly. I am feeling so much better, just really itchy!

In other news, Sam was doing business on the east coast this weekend. We were able to spend time together. Cody and I were in much need of some quality Fielden family time. We haven't seen any of Cody's family since our big move to NC. Saturday we went to Wytheville, Virginia, a sleepy, little,mountain town in the western side of the state. This is where Sam grew up! It was interesting to see Cody's great-grandparents home, the house Sam grew up in, the church where the whole family was baptized, married, etc. And, Walter Fielden (Cody's grandfather) was also a founder of the Whytheville Rescue Squad. His name is on the police/fire department building. That was cool for Cody to see.

This is the house Sam and his family lived in until they moved to Fresno, CA in the 60's.


The great-grandparent Covey's homestead.









The Episcopal Church they went too, it was very old, just celebrating their 15oth anniversary. WOW! It was beautiful inside, especially the stained glass.

The plaque on the fire department with the family name.

No comments: